Rules and Regulations of Kendbrin Swim and Tennis Club
The following Rules and Regulations are for the protection and benefit of all members. These rules have been established to assure the safe, enjoyable and sanitary operation of our club facilities. All Members are required to review these rules and regulations carefully. Members are requested caution their family members and guests to observe all rules and obey all instruction of the Executive Director and other employees.
- The club will open from 8:00 AM until 8:00 PM Monday through Friday and 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM on Saturday and Sunday. The club may be kept open until 9:00 PM at discretion of the Executive Director.
- Members must sign in at the Gatehouse upon entering the club.
- All Guests must be signed in at the Gatehouse upon entering the club. Fees must be paid upon entering the club. The member must be present at the club with the guest. See Section III on Guests for more information.
- Memberships are not transferable.
- All Members are required to complete a Family Information Card at eh beginning of each season. This provides the club with imperative information in the event of an emergency as well as profile information on your family to assist in making Club decisions.
- Children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult/sitter. Children over 14 and who have passed the “Deep End” test may come to the Club unaccompanied. The above noted Family Information Card must be on file at the Gatehouse.
- The cost of any property damage caused by a Member, their family or guests will be charged to the responsible active member.
- All persons using any of the Club facilities do so at their own risk. The Club will not be responsible for any accident or injury in connection with such use.
- All complaints should be made to the Executive Direction in writing. If satisfaction is not gained, then the complaint should be made in writing to the Board of Governors.
- Any suggestions for the Club are welcome and should be submitted to the Executive Director or Board of Governors in writing.
- The Executive Director, or his or her designee, is in complete charge of the club including the pool area, tennis area, and other activity areas, and is responsible to the Board of Governors. All decisions of the Executive Director are final, and appeals from his decisions shall be made in writing to the Board of Governors.
- The Executive Director, or his or her designee, is directly responsible for the working personnel – Lifeguards, Instructors, Snack Bar, Maintenance, and Gatehouse personnel and will ensure the staff is fulfilling its responsibilities to the club.
- The Executive Director will appoint a Staff Member responsible for carrying out his or her responsibilities in the event of absence.
- Members are expected to review and be knowledgeable on the rules and regulations of the Club. Any infractions of these rules by the Member, family of guests will be reported to the Executive Director for consideration and action. Action may include suspension of the Member and family of Club privileges for a period of 1 to 7 days and can also be considered cause for cancelation of membership.
- The Club, of any part thereof, may be closed for maintenance operations, health conditions, weather or any reason deemed sufficient by the Executive Director.
- These rules and regulations may be revised or additional rules may be established at any time by the Board of Governors.
General Rules of Conduct
- Members should drive slowly and carefully on approaching roads and in the parking lot. Please observe the one way traffic signs.
- No smoking is allowed inside the club at any time.
- No abusive or foul language is allowed.
- Food and/or refreshments are limited to the Snack Bar Area only and are not allowed at the Pool area.
- Beer and wine only are allowed on Wednesday and Sunday evenings after 5:00 PM during Grill Nights. Alcoholic beverages are only for those over age 21 and must be kept in the Snack Bar area.
- Diaper changing is limited to the changing table in the Rest Rooms or to a personal blanket. There is no diaper changing allowed on the picnic tables or anywhere else on the Snack Bar area.
- Lounge chairs may be kept at the Club at the member’s risk. All chairs must be folded and place along the fence of the upper grass area. Chairs need to be neatly aligned along the fence. Please be courteous with space and others’ chairs.
- An individual may be a guest at the club no more than three (3) times per month.
- All guests must be accompanied by the member. The member must be present at the pool along with their guests.
- All guests must be registered and paid for at the Gatehouse upon entering the Club. The guest fee must be paid upon entry.
- Guest fees are as follows: Adults: $5, Children: $3, Family: $15, and any guest under the age of 2 is free of charge.
- Competent Child Sitters, who are not members of the Club will be allowed on the club premises while babysitting. The sitter may use the Club facilities for the performance of their duties as a sitter. Fees for the sitter are as follows: Daily: $5, Season: $75…the season fee is payable upon the first day attending the Club.
Sitters must sign in and designate that they are sitters and not members, and are expected to abide by all of the member rules and regulations. The sitter may not attend the club during a time not performing their duties. The member hiring the sitter is directly responsible for the conduct of the sitter.
- Grandparents/Parents of members may attend the Club free of charge. The member must be present at the club during their visit, however.
- No parties or large groups will be allowed at the club on Wednesday or Sunday evenings after 5:00 PM due to Grill night.
- The entire pool will be reserved for Swim Team practice Monday through Friday 8:30am-10:00am.
- Areas of the pool will be reserved for group instruction Monday through Friday 10:00am-12:30pm.
- The pool will be closed and all swim lessons cancelled during home swim meets. The schedule for these meets will be posted on the Member Information Board at the gatehouse in the beginning of the season.
- All swimmers should rinse off before entering the pool, and have all sunscreen completely rubbed in and no longer visible on the skin.
- Admission to the pool may be refused to anyone with head colds, soughs, inflamed eyes, or infection and/or anyone who is wearing bandages for an open wound.
- Expectorating or nose blowing in the pool is prohibited.
- No running, pushing, wrestling, ball playing, or causing undue disturbance in or about the pool area is allowed.
- Bathing suits are the only appropriate swimming attire. Street clothing, tennis clothing or cut off pants are not permitted.
- Children under 14 years of age shall not be allowed in the deep end of the pool, including the diving board, until they have passed the “Deep End Test” conducted by a lifeguard.
- All children under 8 years of age who have not passed the “Deep End Test” must be accompanied by an adult parent or babysitter poolside at all times.
- Certain times during the day may be deemed as Adult Swim time. All children under the age of 16 must clear the pool upon the single long whistle indication, until notified they can return to the pool.
- Two lanes are reserved for adults and children that have passed the “Deep End Test” for swimming laps only. Playing in the lanes or on the lane lines is not allowed at any time.
- The red painted lines poolside outlines the diving area. No one should play or jump in this area.
- Diving Board rules:
- Only one person is allowed at a time on the board- this includes the 3 step ladder onto the board
- Only one jump is allowed on the diving board per turn
- Quickly swim out of the area beneath the board upon surfacing
- There are no goggles allowed on the diving board
- No air inflated tubes, jackets, masks, toys, flippers, webbed feet, or other paraphernalia shall be allowed in the pool except with special permission from the Executive Director. This excluding appropriate equipment for lap lane swimming used in the lap lanes only. Swimming goggles may be used but face masks that cover the nose are prohibited.
- “Bubbles” may be used in the low end of the pool so long as the child is accompanied in the water by a responsible adult.
- Appropriate Swim Diapers must be worn in both the main pool and the Kiddie pool at all times. Diapers, whether disposable or cloth are not allowed in either pool at any time.
Kiddie Pool Rules
- Use of the Kiddie Pool is limited to children 6 years and under.
- There is no lifeguard supervision in the kiddie pool. Parents are responsible for their children’s safety.
- Children must be accompanied by a competent adult of sitter who must be within the Kiddie Pool fenced area at all times. Random checks will be conducted by the lifeguards. Any child unsupervised in the Kiddie Pool area will be removed and returned to a parent/guardian.
- Only toys provided by the club are allowed in the Kiddie Pool. Please leave your toys at home. Certain toys will clog the pool filters.
- No flotation devices are allowed in the Kiddie Pool at any time.
Tennis Court Rules
- Proper tennis attire must be worn at all times. This includes tennis sneakers, shirts, no bathing suits, etc. Street shoes, bare feet, sandals and black soled shoes are not permitted on the court.
- Unbreakable water bottles only are permitted in the court areas.
- Please show courtesy to all players. No walking across courts, loud talking or inappropriate attire.
- The tennis program leader, under the Executive Director or his or her designee, is in charge of the Tennis Courts. Any complaints must be submitted to the Executive Director in writing.
- Tennis courts 1-5 are reserved for lessons, clinics and ream practice on weekdays. Courts 6&7 are open play courts.
Snack Bar Area Rules
- The Snack Bar will be opened from 9:00am-6:00pm Monday through Friday and 11:00am-6:00pm on Weekends. The last order will be taken for cooked food at 5:45pm.
- Food and/or refreshments are limited to the Snack Bar Area only.
- Food coolers should be kept in the Snack Bar Area on the shelving provided. Please do not take up table space when not eating for these items. Also: shelving space is not for clothing or other personal items.
- Picnic tables should be kept clean and clear at all times. Please do not monopolize the table with your personal belonging or all day food set up. Please throw away trash when done. Be considerate of other members.
- There is absolutely no diaper changing in the Snack Bar Area.
Social Activities At The Club
- The Executive Director or his/her designee may designate special nights or days for Social Activities at the club. Information regarding the event will be posted on the Member Information Board at the entrance to the Club. Attendance at activities may require an additional fee for all attending the event.
- Private Parties: The Club may be available for private parties with prior approval of the Executive Director. This includes small birthday parties, celebration, etc. Guest fees apply as noted for all attendees.
- Grill nights will be held on Wednesday and Sunday evenings. Private parties may not be held on these nights. The charcoal grills will be lit by the club and available from 4:30pm-7:00pm. Member may bring their own grill foods and accompaniments for the evening. Members are also responsible for bringing all other needs: plates, utensils, grill utensils, and condiments. Please do not count on using Snack Bar supplies.
- Alcoholic beverages limited to beer and wine, for those over age 21 are permitted on Grill Nights after 5:00pm and must be kept in the Snack Bar Area.
- Please be considerate of fellow members on these nights by not monopolizing table or grill space.